How have you fared in 2014? Reviewing my genealogical goals for this past year, I see that I fell just a smidge short of the 5 “must do” items that I put on my 2014 calendar page for January 1st.
1) RESTART my research business – This has been a slow process, but I’m making strides in increasing my client workload and other genealogical activities. And beginning this month, my genealogy business is my sole focus.
2) EDUCATION – Success can be claimed here. I was able to attend the Salt Lake Institiute of Genealogy (SLIG) in January and Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP) in July. Yeah for me! In 2015, I plan on attending GRIP again. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get to a Genetic Genealogy conference too!
3) MAINTAIN my business identity – Jersey Roots Genealogy hit the airwaves in May 2012 and continues its activities via Facebook, Twitter and blogging. For 2015, I will be continuing to communicate using these tools regularly.
4) REDESIGN genie website – A fresh new look is now online. JRG had its last redesign in 2013 and I thought it was overdue for an update. Visit me @ http://www.jerseyrootsgenealogy.com
5) SUBMIT my CG application – Well, this one didn’t receive its due attention this year. Officially, I restarted “my clock” in September and have the binder setup with Requirements #1-#4 already completed, printed and hole-punched. The focus for 2015 is to complete Requirements #5-#7 and submit my portfolio by my due date of August 31st!
While my goals that I’ve list deal mainly with my genealogical business, I have begun a list for the research goals too. Watch for it in January!
So, what are your 2015 genealogical goals?